Useful grief support services in Victoria
In your time of need, there are many grief and legal support services available to you and your family. Below is a list of organisations in Victoria which can offer counselling and legal services.
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement offers bereavement counselling and support services: (03) 9265 2100 or 1800 642 066
- The Compassionate Friends Victoria offers grief support after the death of a son, daughter, brother or sister: (03) 9888 4944 or 1300 064 068
- Mercy Grief Services for people living in the western region of Melbourne: Tel. (03) 9313 5700
- Hope Bereavement Care for people living in the Barwon region: (03) 4215 3358
- Kids Helpline telephone counselling: 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Lifeline crisis support and suicide prevention services: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days)
- SuicideLine Victoria for counselling, crisis intervention, information and referral (24 hours, 7 days): 1300 651 251
- GriefLine Community and Family Services Inc loss and grief telephone counselling service, 12 noon to 3 am, 7 days a week: (03) 9935 7400 or 1300 845 745
- SANDS – miscarriage, stillbirth and newborn death support: (03) 9899 0217 or 1300 0 SANDS
- Very Special Kids – Bereavement Support Program: (03) 9804 6253 or 1800 888 875
- Victims of Crime Helpline: 1800 819 817
- Road Trauma Support Services Victoria: (03) 8877 6900 or 1300 367 797
Law Institute of Victoria: Find a lawyer service to find lawyers in wills, estate planning, probate.
For help with estate planning in Victoria, read our Estate Planning Guide.
If you have any further questions or to get a quote for a cremation visit the Bare Cremation website or call 1800 071 176.
About Bare Cremation
Bare Cremation is Australia’s best direct cremation service. Our mission is to ensure every Australian has the option of an affordable, seamless and stress-free funeral service that can be arranged online or over the phone in minutes, at a fraction of the price of traditional funeral homes. We’ve cut out the need to go to a funeral home and made a complicated process simple by offering an affordable, transparent and easy alternative. Find out more by visiting the Bare Cremation website.